When it comes to beauty pageants, the United States is the undisputed king. But what about India? India has a long and storied history in the pageant world, most notably with its film industry. And this year, India’s next big beauty queen is set to take the stage: Kollywood actress Priyanka Chopra. Chopra is no stranger to the camera or stage—she’s been in numerous Hindi and international films, as well as several TV shows and commercials. She’s also a sought-after presenter and model, which has helped her accumulate a sizable following on social media. If you’re interested in following her career, be sure to check out our blog next week for an interview with Chopra herself!
Priyanka Chopra is one of the most successful and admired actresses in Hollywood. She started her career as a model and has since starred in roles in several Hindi-language films. Chopra is most famous for her roles in the American-produced films such as “Bollywood Hungama” and “Baywatch.” In 2011, she debuted in the Hollywood film industry with the release of the comedy-drama “The female Brain.”
Chopra has been honoured with numerous awards throughout her career, including two Filmfare Awards (Best Actress – Comedy or Musical and Best Actress – Telugu), two Stardust Awards, and an Emmy Award nomination. She was listed by Forbes as one of the world’s 100 Most Powerful Women in 2016 and has been credited with helping to revive Hindi cinema in the international market.
“Deepika Padukone, the beauty queen of Kollywood, is known for her impeccable looks and impossibly long locks. Here are 10 facts about the actress you may not have known.”
1. Deepika Padukone was born on November 17th, 1988 in Mumbai, India to a film industry family. Her father, Krishnan Padukone, is an actor and producer while her mother Supriya Pathak is a costume designer.
2. Deepika began acting at the age of four when she made her debut in the Tamil film Aanandam (1996). She went on to appear in several other Tamil films before making her Hindi-language debut with Heroine (2002), for which she won the National Film Award for Best Female Debut.
3. In 2004 Deepika starred in English-language film Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham alongside Shah Rukh Khan. The movie was a major success and led to a slew of Hindi-language projects for the actress including Singh Is Kinng (2005), Kal Ho Naa Ho (2007) and Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2012).
4. In 2007 Deepika received international attention when she walked out of an event after accusing actor Ranbir Kapoor of harassment; the fallout from this incident saw Kapoor being barred from promoting his upcoming film Hey Jude in India.
5. In 2011 Deepika co-founded production company.
Kangana Ranaut is easily one of the most well-known and celebrated actresses in the Indian film industry. Born in 1986 in Bangalore, Ranaut started her career as a model before making her acting debut in 2006 in the Hindi television series “Hum Tum.” She went on to star in several successful films including “Hate Story 2” (2012), “Queen” (2014), and “Tanu Weds Manu Returns” (2015). In 2018, she was awarded an honorary Oscar for her contribution to cinema. Kangana Ranaut is known for her iconic looks and sultry screen persona. Her signature look involves light makeup, long hair styled in a braid, and bold clothing choices.
Shah Rukh Khan
Shah Rukh Khan, also known as the “beauty queen of Kollywood”, is a superstar in India’s movie industry. He started his career in the early 1990s and has since starred in more than 150 films. Shah Rukh Khan is known for his amazing acting skills and his powerful voice. He is also well-known for his humanitarian work, which includes campaigns against AIDS and cancer.
Karisma Kapoor, popularly known as “Kareena Kapoor” is an Indian film actress and model. She has appeared in several Hindi-language films and has been described as the most popular actress in India. After appearing in a few Tamil films, Kapoor made her Bollywood debut in the 2001 romantic drama Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge. Her subsequent films include Chandni Chowk To China (2002), Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham (2003), Arakshan (2005), Jannat (2007), 3 Idiots (2009), Student of the Year (2011) and Ek Tha Tiger (2015). Kapoor has received several awards, including a Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her performance in Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.