Your fiancée is the love of your life. You want to give her the world, but you have to start somewhere. Why not start with a stunning piece of diamond jewelry?
Whether you’re getting married now or later, an elegant diamond pendant is sure to make her smile. Asides from the lure of striking some serious style points, how do you know which pendant is the most beautiful? What kind of details do you need to look out for?
In this article, we will bring you some tips on how to select an elegant diamond pendant. Read on to find out more!
Why Select a Diamond Pendant?
Diamond necklaces, in ancient times, have been seen as a gift of royalty. It usually communicates as a measure of value. It is also an affordable gift if you decide on lab created diamonds.
Another reason to consider a diamond pendant is for the sake of matching outfits. You will agree with us that every stylish outfit needs a classic diamond necklace sitting around it.
If you’re planning to surprise your fiancée on a special occasion then let us help you find the perfect pendant.
Diamonds stand out as a statement piece of jewelry. They add that extra bit of glamor to your outfit. Every lady loves her diamonds. If you are about to get one for your fiancée, here’s what to look out for:
- Selecting a Pendant Style
When you are shopping for your fiancée, it is important to select a diamond pendant that is both elegant and timeless. Keep the following things in mind when making your selection:
- The Shape of the Pendant
The first thing to consider is the shape of the pendant. The most popular shapes are round, princess cut, and oval. Choose a shape that compliments your fiancée’s style and taste.
- The Setting of the Pendant
The second thing to think about is the setting of the pendant. Diamond pendants can be set in gold or platinum. Again, choose a setting that compliments your fiancée’s style.
- The Size of the Pendant
The last thing to consider is the size of the pendant. Choose a size that is proportional to your fiancée’s body size. A small pendant may get lost on a larger person, while a large pendant may overwhelm a smaller person.
When you keep these things in mind, you will be sure to select an elegant diamond pendant that your fiancée will love!
- Selecting the Right Metal
When it comes to selecting diamond jewelry for your fiancée, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, you’ll want to select a metal that complements her skin tone. If she has a cool skin tone, platinum or white gold will look best. If she has a warm skin tone, yellow gold or rose gold will be a better choice.
Next come the diamond styles. A simple solitaire will always be classic and chic. But, if you want something with a little more personality, look for a pendant with an interesting setting or unique detailing.
Finally, don’t forget to factor in the size of the diamond. The right pendant should strike a balance between being eye-catching and understated. Work with a qualified jeweler to find the perfect diamond pendant.
- The Importance of Certification
You could be shopping for any diamond jewelry for your fiancée–from wedding rings to bands and bracelets. For any piece of diamond, it is important to keep in mind the 4 Cs of diamonds:
- Carat weight.
These four factors will affect the fifth C–the Cost.
The better the quality of the diamond in these four categories, the more expensive it will be. However, you don’t have to sacrifice quality for budget; there are beautiful diamonds at all price ranges.
To ensure you are getting a beautiful, high-quality diamond, check for certification. It is important to purchase only from jewelers certified by an independent organization such as the Gemological Institute of America (GIA).
Certification guarantees that the diamond has been evaluated by experts and meets certain standards for quality. When purchasing your wedding day diamonds, you can be confident that your investment will be worth the cost when choosing diamonds with GIA certification.
- Buying Within Your Budget
If you’re on a budget but still want to find an elegant diamond pendant for your fiancée, there are a few tips you can follow.
- Don’t be afraid to shop around and compare prices. Take the time to find the best deal for you and your budget.
- Keep in mind that the size of the diamond doesn’t necessarily dictate the price. A smaller, well-cut diamond can be more expensive than a larger, lower-quality one. So, it’s important to focus on quality over quantity when selecting a pendant.
- Consider opting for a less traditional style of pendant. You may want to go for something surprising. A unique design is sure to stand out and make a lasting impression.
- Remember that the best way to find an affordable yet beautiful diamond pendant is to work with a jeweler. A qualified jeweler can help you select the perfect piece within your budget.
How to Care for Your Diamond Pendant?
Once you find that perfect diamond pendant, it is important to know how to care for it properly.
- Wrap your diamond pendant in a soft, clean cloth when you’re not wearing it. This will help keep the diamond from getting scratched or dirty.
- Don’t expose your diamond pendant to harsh chemicals or cleaners, as this can damage the stone.
- Have your diamond pendant professionally cleaned once a year to keep it sparkling new.
- If your diamond pendant ever becomes loose in its setting, take it to a jeweler right away to have it repaired.
By following these simple tips, you can keep your diamond pendant looking beautiful for years to come!
Picking out the right piece of jewelry can be daunting, but it doesn’t have to be. With these four tips, you’ll be sure to find the perfect pendant for your fiancée that she’ll cherish forever.