The software is full of features and functions and that is one of the reasons behind the success of this accounting software. There are a lot of advantages for the QuickBooks Desktop software but the only disadvantage that the software has is that it is prone to different errors and issues. QuickBooks Won’t open is one such error that is non-recoverable and in that case, only a QuickBooks professional can help you but you can still do some of the manual solutions that we’ve tried to detail in this blog so do give this blog a read till the end.
Why Won’t My QuickBooks Open in Desktop
This simple tool is great for tracking finances, keeping track of sales, and dealing with invoices. In actuality, QuickBooks Desktop has several features that are beneficial to companies.
QuickBooks Desktop, on the other hand, is prone to errors; after all, it is a piece of software. Users often complain about issues such as QuickBooks Desktop failing to launch or open.
What is The Root Causes a QuickBooks Won’t Open?
- The firm name is quite lengthy.
- Damaged or missing QBWUSER.INI is a configuration file for QBWUSER.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Won’t Open
- The program becomes unresponsive.
- The corporate file for QuickBooks does not open.
- Windows is sluggish.
- Occasionally, the computer may hang.
- The computer is sluggish to react to mouse and keyboard input.
Please note that if you click on the QuickBooks icon many times (double-clicking), it may stop responding or operating. It is preferable to wait for a bit and then relaunch QuickBooks. To submit repeated requests, don’t click too many times.
Methods For Resolving The QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open or Won’t Start Error
If you need professional assistance to swiftly address these difficulties, you may contact our QuickBooks support staff at any time.
- Solution 1: Close the QBW32.exe process:
- The first step is to right-click on the system’s “Windows taskbar” and choose “Start Task Manager”.
- To sort the processes alphabetically, go to the “Process tab” and then to the “Image Name” heading.
- Then look for “EXE” and select it.
- At last, you need to tap on the “End Process” option to bring the “exe process” to an end.
- Solution 2: Disable QuickBooks Desktop Installation: Disabling QuickBooks Desktop Installation can help you to fix this error and to do that you need to follow the steps that are as follows:
- At first, you need to tap on the given QuickBooks Desktop icon and then you need to tap on the Properties option.
- Select “Open” after pressing the “CTRL key.” Hold down the “Ctrl key” until the “No Company Open” window appears.
- Now go ahead and launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Solution 3: If you installed QuickBooks Desktop wrongly, repair it: Not installing the QuickBooks Desktop properly can also lead yo to this error you can repair it by using the steps given below:
- Open the task manager in your machine.
- Then choose “Process” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap on the given “QuickBooks procedures” option by using the right-click menu.
- After that, click “Complete Process.”
- Restart QuickBooks if necessary.
- Now choose “Repair QuickBooks” from the drop-down menu.
These are some of the options that may assist you in resolving the QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open problem, and if you are still unable to do so, you could try utilizing the QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor, both of which are accessible on Intuit’s official website.
The program primarily comprises practically every function that aids in the management of a company’s books and finances.